Spring was commissioned by the Moroccan National Tourism Office to create and develop communications on behalf of the MNTO to audiences in the UK, USA, Ireland and Canada. The goal was to communicate the magic, authenticity and accessibility of Morocco in a way that inspires people to book a visit, stay longer and spend more.
Combining existing audience data with our own research we formulated strategies to reach target segments using on and offline media channels, communications and experiential marketing, further refined by factors including specific income brackets and current holiday preferences. Our offline campaign activity included print and events, largely centring on cities that offer direct flights to cities across the UK.
- 90% increase on visits to the campaign website since launch.
- 63% organic Facebook growth since launch.
- Pinterest hit 40% of annual target in just two months.
- UK visits to Morocco rose by 6% year-on-year.
- Marrakech declared TripAdvisor’s #1 Destination in the World 2015.
- Morocco named ‘Best Destination in North Africa 2015’ by Travel Zoo, leading holiday search engine and booking site.
- Morocco awarded ‘Africa’s best golf destination’ by the World Golf Awards Organisation.
The campaign is multi-award winning, including Gold for Best Creative Strategy at the MENA Transform awards, Best Place or Nation Brand at the Europe Transform awards and a Highly Commended at the Drum Marketing Design Strategy (just beaten by overall winner ITV).