Boost is Lancashire’s £7.2m business growth hub. Boost’s aim for the first campaign 2013-2015 was to grow the county’s economy by £20m, and create at least 1,200 new jobs and safeguard 700 more.
Freshfield was briefed to get buy-in from partners and provide an outsourced marketing function for Lancashire County Council to launch Boost Business Lancashire, in the context of scepticism towards previous public sector funded programmes.
The brand was positioned as private sector in its look and feel. Rather than focus too heavily on the range of programmes available to businesses through Boost, the headline message was simple: Start the Growth Conversation.
Securing a series of high profile business figures as Boost ambassadors and created Boost & Co, a group of private sector business support firms (such as law firms and accountants) who would champion Boost among their clients.
A two year marketing programme was developed and managed including strategic partnerships, SEO, social media and PR.
- 56,500 website visits from over 34,000 individual visitors.
- Active social media communities of 3,100 on Twitter, 1,100 on LinkedIn and nearly 2,000 views of our videos on YouTube.
- 422 pieces of regional and online press coverage.
- 2,100 successful applications for Boost support, with the businesses creating more than 400 jobs so far.
- 52 members of the Boost & Co private sector intermediary network.