Launch Thaikhun, an authentic Thai street food restaurant chain opening in Europe’s largest shopping centre: the intu Metrocentre, Gateshead. Create consumer excitement to drive footfall around launch and repeat restaurant bookings.
Thaikhun’s owner Kim Kaewkraikhot was a Thai national and every restaurant, ahead of its opening, was blessed by Buddhist monks. Authenticity and the true ‘Thai’ experience was reflected through all activity which included a media launch day, a photocall blessed by Buddhist Monks, media partnerships, a business-relations programme involving local large employers, guerrilla marketing, competitions and consumer PR and social media campaign.
- Secured attendance from over 50 North East journalists on launch day.
- Secured 36 articles in key regional broadcast, print and online media around launch.
- Reached a record 2,178,302 consumers via media articles and blog posts (source – Twitter / Yellow News) and Twitter Analytics confirmed that the Thaikhun brand was exposed to over 250,000 consumers.
- Filled 100 seats on opening day with influential business guests. This had the benefit of filling every seat in the house as well as meeting our objective to reach large employers and their employee bases.
- The restaurant was fully booked for weeks afterwards.
- This campaign has been shortlisted for two CIPR Awards.